Date: Monday 3rd October 2011
Co-hosted with ESB International
The discussion will
explore the intersections between the UK’s climate change commitments and new
opportunities for the future of energy generation and infrastructure. How is
the nature of energy production changing in relation to the decarbonisation
agenda? How can the role of independent generators in the market be
enhanced?How will consumers and the potentially more climate aware generation
- The Rt Hon Peter Lilley MP, Chair of the Joint Committee on the Draft Financial Services Bill
- Rhian Kelly, Director for Business Environment, CBI
- Pat O'Doherty, Executive Director, ESB International
- David Green OBE, Chief Executive, UK Business Council for Sustainable Energy
- Dr Phillip Lee MP, Member, Energy and Climate Change Select Committee
Refreshments will be served.
All ResPublica events will be held in the ResPublica Marquee, an exclusive space outside Manchester Central’s Charter Foyer (marked ENT 1 on the handbook map). This venue is inside the conference secure zone and attendees will need to be security accredited. For further details please see the Conservative Party website.