Phillip Blond, Lord Glasman and Professor John Milbank will speak at the conference "Beyond Individualism: Why Civil Society Needs Christian Political Engagement", hosted by the ECPM Friday 25th November.
Europe’s Christian heritage has brought great benefit, providing the basis for freedoms, values and a cohesive sense of identity. But all that has been under attack in recent decades, not least from the culture of individualism. Yet now that ‘individualism’ is itself being challenged. There is renewed interest in ‘Civil Society’ and finding a better framework for healthy community. But is that possible without a Christian framework?
How can we best communicate the unique resources of Christian social thinking in this new context and how can we encourage a new era of positive, robust Christian political engagement?
The event will take place at The Law Society, 113 Chancery Lane, London, from 10.00 to 18.00.
- Phillip Blond, Director, ResPublica
- Lord Glasman, Reader in Political Theory, London Metropolitan University
- Prof. John Milbank, Professor in Religion, Politics and Ethics, University of Nottingham and Trustee, the ResPublica Trust
- Os Guinness, Author and Social Critic
- Franck Margain, Vice-President, Parti Chrétien Démocrate (France)
- Eimert van Middelkoop, former Minister of Defence (The Netherlands)