Launch of a ResPublica report, co-hosted with Independent Age and WRVS (corresponding event at Liberal Democrat conference)
This event will take
the form of a panel conversation. With
the emphasis so often on the demographic crisis of an ageing society, often the
positive roles of older people are understated.
What role do older people have to play in “The Big Society”? How
can we incentivise increased involvement so that older people can truly be a
cornerstone of the Big Society? At this event we will launch the ResPublica
report “Age of opportunity: Older people, volunteering and the Big Society”.
- Nick Hurd MP, Minister for Civil Society
- Geraldine Bedell, Editor, Gransnet
- Simon Bottery, Director of Fundraising, Policy and Communications, Independent Age
- Dr Matthew Sowemimo, Head of Public Policy, WRVS
- Antonia Cox, Research Associate, ResPublica (Chair)
Refreshments will be served.
All ResPublica events will be held in the ResPublica Marquee, an exclusive space outside Manchester Central’s Charter Foyer (marked ENT 1 on the handbook map). This venue is inside the conference secure zone and attendees will need to be security accredited. For further details please see the Conservative Party website.