2012 has been recognised as the International Year of Co-operatives by the United Nations and ResPublica is hosting a series of sessions that will address co-operative models in relation to various social issues and sectors of society.
The third panel debate in the series, 'Community Energy – Beyond the Big Six with Co-operative Solutions', is co-hosted with Utiligroup.
Drawing on the experience of Utiligroup and following ResPublica’s successful ‘Green Paper
’, Re-energising Our Communities: Transforming the energy market through local energy production
, launched in February of this year, the event explored the opportunities for individuals and communities to become providers and owners within Britain's large and prolific utility market, in order to enable and cultivate a ‘community energy market’ in the UK.
- Gareth Thomas MP, Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office and Chair of the Co-operative Party
- Rebecca Willis, Author of Co-operative renewable energy in the UK. A guide to this growing sector
- Mark Coyle, Corporate Development Director, Utiligroup
- Caroline Julian, Senior Researcher and Project Manager, ResPublica and Co-author of Re-energising Our Communities: Transforming the energy market through local energy production
- Mark Luntley, Chairman of the Westmill Wind Farm
- Ramsey Dunning, Managing Director, Cooperative Energy
For further information, please contact Annalisa Plachesi, Events and Partnerships Co-Ordinator, at email@example.com.